Today really felt like summer! I went outside with Kaylee and took a nice little jog with the stroller… I wasn’t exactly expecting the heat that came with it. Beautiful summer day for sure!
When summer hits, one of the first things I think of is cooking outdoors. Time to give my husband a chance to do some cooking once in a while! (Honestly, I don’t mind it. I find it pretty relaxing. However, when it comes to grilling, I’d rather Harold do it…something about guys and fires seems right)
So I browsed for a good recipe that I could share with you guys that would inspire some outdoor cooking, and I found one that made my mouth drip a little. This is a marinade that you can use before you put that chicken on the grill. It’s got lots of oils infused into it, so you know it’s going to be packed with some good flavor!
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red chili pepper flakes
- 6 drops Basil Vitality Essential Oil
- 5 drops Oregano Vitality Essential Oil
- 4 drops Rosemary Vitality Essential Oil
- 2 drops Thyme Vitality Essential Oil
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Marinate 3 chicken breasts for at least an hour in the refrigerator before grilling to proper temperature (165 degrees)
I gotta tell you, I think I’m going to ask Harold to grill sometime this week. (once we get the grill…we have a potential grill waiting for us to pick it up…I think I may make that task a priority!)
Here’s to happy summer eating! Enjoy!